Tynker is available for iPads and Android tablets! Even better, kids can now create their own apps using Tynker on a tablet (iPad or Android), without internet access. You can find Tynker’s new iPad app and the all-new Tynker app for Android in the Apple and Google Play app stores, respectively.
“Not only do the new apps encourage kids with tablets to create with code on the go, anywhere they are,” states Srinivas Mandyam, Tynker’s CTO, “But now kids also have the flexibility to create their own apps on both web and mobile.” The ability to create on any device that’s available not only gets more kids coding, but also gives parents the flexibility to encourage kids to “Tynker” more often – especially when traveling. And now teachers have the flexibility to use Tynker to create with code on any hardware available to them.
With the Learn-to-Code and Maker movements rapidly rising in public consciousness, Tynker’s fun and kid-friendly approach is fueling Tynker’s momentum as a key player in both. Over 8 million kids have started making their own apps and games with Tynker, and learning key programming concepts along the way. Our newly released apps were featured today in the Washington Post as a great way to encourage summer learning fun.
We invite you to take a sneak peek at the new features of the Tynker app that take kids beyond the app’s award-winning coding puzzles, so they can use the programming skills they’ve learned to make fun apps to play with friends, directly on their tablets. Kids can create custom games and apps using a library of characters, animations and backgrounds, or start with their choice of “game kit” template.
Highlights of the new Tynker app features:
- Create games and apps quickly with 8 complete pre-built game kits;
- Access a downloadable library of sample coding projects to learn from;
- Define custom functions and variables;
- Build musical projects using the built-in notes for piano, electric guitar and drums;
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games;
- Build an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to play with friends; and
- Work offline without Internet connectivity.
You can also read our press announcement, released yesterday.