With over 50 new starter templates, the Tynker App update makes it even easier for kids to start building cool projects with code! Our many new interactive coding tutorials guide kids every step of the way. We’ve also made several usability improvements to make drag-and-drop coding more accessible and intuitive.
Step-by-Step Coding Tutorials
The new step-by-step tutorials make it really easy for kids to build their own programs. Students can drag code blocks right from the tutorial pane. But the tutorials don’t limit you from doing anything on your own. At any time you can minimize the tutorial and you’ll have the full set of code blocks at your disposal.
50 Fun Programs to Build
Explore game kits, toys, music and physics directories and play all the fun programs in these directories. Hack them and create your own remixed versions.
- 6 Basic Tutorials – Learn the basics of coding with Tynker
- 10 Game Templates – Build arcade, platformer, and physics games
- 4 Toy Templates – Make controllers for drones and robots
- 7 Physics Templates – Experiment with gravity, bouncing, cannons and more
- 10 Drawing Templates – Draw math art, and program your own art studio app
- 5 Music Templates – Learn to program musical notes to play any song
- 10 Featured Hacks – Fun programs that combine all the above concepts
General Usability Improvements
The distinction between Code and Stage views has been made more prominent, and you can toggle to either view with the central “Code | Stage” button on the top navigation.
Visual cues make it convenient to place a block by showing you an outline of your block at the place (at which) it’s being inserted.
Updated block help
Drag any code block onto Codey to get help and sample code that illustrates the use of that block.
Context menu for Actor strip
All Actor actions are now consolidated under a context menu available on each selected Actor. Change Actor properties, duplicate or delete Actors, edit character animations and hardware controls from this menu.