BIG Tynker Update: Improved Student Experience for 2017
We’re putting the final touches on our new student dashboard. The new dashboard has a simplified layout that makes it much easier to find what you’re looking for. Plus, daily missions motivate students to keep coding by gamifying the learning experience!
Try It Out!
The dashboard is now available for your students to try out! But if your students are more comfortable with the old dashboard, they can continue to use it for the next couple of months as we finalize the new dashboard. Or they can go back and forth between dashboards as they get used to the new layout.
To switch back to the old dashboard, just click “Back to classic dashboard” at the top right of the launchpad.
We’re also working on refreshing the teacher dashboard, so be on the lookout for improvements! We’ll let you know when we’re close to releasing it.
How the New Dashboard Works
Here are some of the changes you can expect:
- When students first log in, they’ll see their launchpad, which centralizes all the most important things from the dashboard. At the top, they’ll see their daily missions, and just under that, they’ll see any courses they’re working on.
- The new Tynker dashboard introduces daily missions, which encourage kids to code every day with daily activities that offer double XP for completing them. This makes it easier to level up and unlock new characters!
- Simplified tabs make it easier for students to navigate through Tynker and find what they’re looking for. The main sections are “Learn,” “My Projects,” “Minecraft,” “Community,” and “Achievements.”
- Learn: This is where your students will find their classrooms, home courses, and all our Hour of Code puzzles and tutorials.
- My Projects: Come here to view your projects and create new ones. All block-based coding projects, Minecraft mods and resource packs, and text coding notebooks are here.
- Minecraft: Set up your Minecraft server, reset your world, whitelist friends, and see which mods are installed on your server.
- Community: You can browse what other kids have published and get inspired by their creations!
- Achievements: This is where your students can see all the awards and certificates they’ve earned.
If you have any questions about where to find things in your students’ new dashboard, please try posting on our teacher forum so that other teachers having the same issue can see our response.
Have suggestions or feedback on the new dashboard? We’d love to hear it! Please send us an email at email@example.com to let us know if anything is confusing or if you notice any problems.