Thank you all for an amazing Hour of Code 2016!
Thanks to the support of many wonderful students, educators, and parents, this year’s Hour of Code was a tremendous success. Millions of kids around the world were introduced to coding with Tynker. In the process, not only did they gain valuable problem-solving and computational thinking skills, but they also learned that coding is fun, accessible, and creative!
During just the week of December 5, CS Education Week, here’s what happened:
- 5 million new users started coding with Tynker, bringing our global reach to 44 million kids.
- 1.3 million of you took advantage of our giveaway to download our premium iPad app (normally $5.99) for free.
- Kids completed 15 million Hour of Code activities on Tynker.
- 12 lucky educators won a Parrot drone as part of our Twitter drone giveaway.
To all the educators who brought the Hour of Code to your students, thank you so much for your hard work. We loved seeing so much enthusiasm about coding on Twitter.
- Automatic assessment and tracking of your students’ Hour of Code activities and creations
- Awesome personalized certificates that allow your students to earn a badge for their certificate whenever they complete an activity
- STEM activities that make it easy to add coding to what you’re already teaching with projects in subjects like Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math
- Hardware programming activities if you have a connected device like a Parrot drone, Ollie or Sphero, Lego WeDo 2.0, or Phillips Hue Lights
- Fun storytelling activities based on characters your students love from shows like Peep and the Big Wide World
- Student showcases that allow you to safely and easily share what your students have made with their parents
It’s always the right time to introduce your students to the fun and creativity of programming.