Applying to be a Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator: Videos That Inspire Us
A couple weeks ago, we announced the Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator Program, and this week, applications have opened. As teachers across the world start putting together their video application, we thought we’d share some inspiring videos to help get your ideas flowing about how to go #BeyondOneHour. Remember, being in front of the camera is not necessary. Get creative – perhaps with a whiteboard or animation – and use your imagination!
Here are 10 videos that motivate us to make coding, making, and STEM an everyday activity:
1. Top 10 Reasons to Code – Flocabulary
2. Facts Matter at the Field Museum – Chicago’s Field Museum
3. Inspire Her Mind – Verizon
4. Steve Jobs on Computer Science
5. Everyone Can Code – Apple
6. Michio Kaku: The Future in a Nutshell
7. Homeless Man Learning to Code, Almost Finished with His App
8. The Try Guys Try Coding with Girls Who Code
9. Is Code the Most Important Language in the World? – PBS Digital
10. Why Aren’t More Girls Coding? – Popsugar
Inspired yet? Ready to apply?
The Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator and the Blue Ribbon Training Program were created to bring together educators who are dedicated to making coding a priority. Blue Ribbons receive exclusive training, resources, and access to curricula to help them become master coding teachers. They are dedicated to coding instruction by providing support, connecting at conferences, sharing their knowledge, and being an integral part of the maker and coding community.
How do I apply?
Applications are open! Here’s what you need to do:
- Create a 1-minute PSA video with the theme “It’s Time to Go Beyond.” How do we encourage schools and teachers to make coding an everyday practice?
- Answer a few questions about your desire and motivations in teaching these skills.
- Be available for Premium Training on Friday, May 12th from 11am – 3:30pm ET. This online training, presented by coding masters, is designed to hone your skills as an advanced coding teacher.